🕒 2 minute learn
The Tenting and Caravanning Membership will probably be opening various campsites for longer this winter together with two that may allow campers to pitch-up any time of yr.
In complete, 30 Membership Websites will probably be open past the normal tenting season, which means folks can nonetheless take pleasure in a much-needed break nicely into the autumn and winter, and over the Christmas interval.
Two Membership Websites – Derwentwater within the Lake District and Salisbury in Wiltshire – will now be a part of 15 others which are open to campers all yr spherical. As well as, 4 websites that may usually shut by the start of November are having their season prolonged.
These websites are Barnard Citadel in County Durham, Cannock Chase in Staffordshire, Kendal simply outdoors the Lake District Nationwide Park, and Horsley in Surrey. In the meantime, Lynton in Devon is having its season prolonged till 31 October.
The Membership’s Simon McGrath stated: “Autumn and winter could be a implausible time to take pleasure in your caravan, motorhome and even tent and we consider many individuals will probably be eager to proceed to benefit from the contemporary air on a tenting break, even because the nights attract.
the large reputation of pitching up on a campsite, we needed to supply
campers extra selection of areas later within the yr by extending the
season of various our websites.”
Pitches can be found this autumn and winter from as little as £15.10 per night time, based mostly on two adults sharing a pitch.
The Membership has 13 Membership Websites with prolonged opening this autumn/winter 2021
- Barnard Citadel, County Durham: Closes for the season on 30 November 2021
- Bellingham, Northumberland: Closes 4 January 2022
- Cannock Chase: Closes 30 November 2021
- Cheddar, Somerset: Closes 4 January
- Horsley, Surrey: Closes 30 November 2021
- Kendal, Lake District: Closes 30 November 2021
- Lynton, Devon: Closes 31 October 2021
- Polstead, Suffolk: Closes 7 January
- Sandringham, Norfolk: Closes 4 January
- Scone, Perthshire: Closes 5 January
- Winchcombe, Gloucestershire: Closes 4 January
- Windermere, Lake District: Closes 14 January
- Wolverley, Worcestershire: Closes 4 January
An additional 17 Membership Websites stay open year-round together with 5 Tenting within the Forest websites.
The Membership has a wealth of useful info and recommendation on its web site to assist folks take advantage of caravanning and motorhoming in the course of the autumn and winter months. Discover out extra right here.